Automated Collection Services, Inc. 304 Northcreek Blvd | Goodlettsville, TN 37072 800-467-2316
Select Page

Government Debt

Welcome to our government debt informational web page. Our goal is to help you find a satisfactory solution to repayment of your city, county or state outstanding debt placed with ACSI. Thank you.

We are here to help you

Our goal is to provide you with information so you may make a decision on the best solution to resolve your governmental debts. If you do not see a solution, please call our office so we may help you personally.

We understand some individuals prefer to receive information on line rather than talk to a representative on the telephone. Our representatives are available to help you and explain the policies of our clients.

Government Debt

For all government debt inquiries:
8am to 7pm CST Monday-Thursday
8am to 3pm on Friday.

Frequently Used Forms:


If I owe to a city or county, what type of debt do I owe?

Cities and counties typically have multiple debt types which may include parking tickets, moving violations, local personal and business taxes, emergency medical services, utilities, fines and fees. This list is an example only as there are typically many types of charges, fines and fees.

The city or county, depending upon the debt type, may withhold or limit services provided to residents. Also, various states may have laws providing guidance for cities in collecting outstanding debts. Our goal is to assist you in understanding what you owe and help in facilitating repayment. Thank you.

If I owe to a state, what type of debt do I owe?

States typically have two debt categories, tax and non-tax. Tax debt is usually personal and business income and other taxes. Non-tax debt owed to a state can be made up of a wide variety of debts owed to state entities, departments as well as municipalities.

For clarification, as to the debt type or the reason we suggest you contact us for additional information. Our goal is to assist you in understanding what you owe and help in facilitating repayment.

For state tax debt, what can the state do to recover this outstanding amount?

Each state has policies for recovering delinquent tax debt some of which are specific to that state. Generally, states consider a variety of methods which may include but are not limited to wage garnishment, attachment of assets like bank accounts or real property.

For more information, we suggest you view state official websites to determine consequences for nonpayment.
We must operate following state laws and policies as required by the state. Keeping this in mind, our first preference is to help you repay the outstanding balance.

If I prefer to communicate by email or text, is that possible?

Yes, please select the Contact option above for additional communication options. You may also use the form response option at the bottom of the contact page. Please take note, personal information may be exchanged so ensure you are communicating by a method that is personal and private to your use.

Our friendly representatives are available to help you via any method you select including by telephone. Please don’t hesitate to contact ACSI as we are sincere in our desire to help you find the best solution to resolving your delinquency.

Do you have an option to repay or make payments without calling ACSI’s office?

Yes, while our representatives are available to help you, we do offer other methods. You can always mail a payment to our office. If you prefer to pay online, please click on the Make a Payment button above to be taken to our secure payment website. To logon, use the account number on the first letter we sent to you. Or, for your convenience, please click on CONTACT listed above for options to communicate with our office by department. You may also complete the online form to send a message. Our staff is dedicated to helping you by explaining your choices so you may decide the best resolution.

For your protection, you will be asked to confirm your identity when contacting ACSI.

Will you accept monthly payments if I cannot pay the total amount of my bill?

Yes, we are here to help you and monthly payments can be made by visiting our payment website clicking on Make A Payment, or you may telephone our office at the toll free telephone number listed above under Contact.

If you cannot afford the minimum payment offered online, please call our office and we may be able to offer you a temporary payment program to fit your circumstances.

If I have a dispute in the amount I owe or for some other reason what should I do?

Please go to our Contact page and please fill out the online form to contact us. We ask that you explain the reason for your dispute including information supporting your dispute. Please put dispute in the subject line to classify your inquiry. Our staff will acknowledge your communication and please keep in mind it may take time to review and obtain information regarding your dispute. We will respond once the information is received.

If your dispute is of an urgent issue, please call our Consumer Help Line to provide personal assistance.

It is also important to note the most common disputes for government debt are related to the penalty or interest charges added by the state. In some cases, states MAY offer an option to reduce or remove these additional charges if you pay the remaining balance in one payment.

This communication is from a debt collector. This is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.